The Uptown Music Collective, the area's premier non-profit school of music, is currently seeking Vocal & Piano instructors to teach beginning to advanced private lessons as well as classes and workshops. The Uptown Music Collective’s curriculum is centered on the performance of modern music while utilizing traditional teaching methods for the development of technique, tone, and music literacy. Ideal candidates for these positions should have the ability to teach both instruments. Students are all ages, but the majority of the students fall into the school’s target market of 10 to 18. For more information on the Uptown Music Collective please visit www.uptownmusic.org.
Uptown Music Collective's Mission Statement:
“Providing exceptional music education and high impact musical experiences that instill a love of music, and an understanding of the importance of discipline, hard work, and community.”
- Instruct 30 to 60 min private lessons on piano and/or vocals.
- Teach to the Uptown Music Collective curriculum.
- Provide support to Uptown Music Collective executive staff during student recitals.
- College degree or equivalent music teaching experience.
- Live performance experience.
- Depth of knowledge of current popular music.
- Knowledge of current music technology pertaining to keyboards.